Safety edges are sensors that protect shearing and crushing edges against pinching hazards. If the safety edge encounters an obstacle, for example if a hand gets caught in a closing door, the automatic movement is stopped immediately.
We offer Safety Edges as normally open contacts or normally closed chains, depending on the switching principle.
With the safety edge self-assembly, we give you the opportunity to manufacture your safety edges quickly and inexpensively yourself.
- When our Safety edges SL (normally open safety edges) are actuated, a contact closes, triggering a short circuit. A signal transmitted to the evaluation unit immediately stops automatic movements to protect people and property.
- Our SL NC (NC = normally closed) safety edges feature a chain of linked NC contacts integrated in a rubber profile. When the safety edge is actuated, an existing contact is broken.
- You can cut your safety edges to size yourself for fast, cheap installation.
- Normally closed and normally open principles available
- Available as normally open safety edge with monitoring resistor or as continuous edge with four-wire technology (two-sided cable). This ensures safety because the functions of the sensor and connection cable are constantly monitored.
- Wide range of profile geometries available
Closing edge safeguards for machinery, gates, stages, bus & rail, in medicine, logistics etc.
Would you like to know more?
Simply contact us!