Opening safety edges
Safety edges are sensors that protect operators from coming between shearing and pinching edges. If the safety edge encounters an obstruction, e.g. if a hand gets in the way of a closing door, it immediately stops the automatic movement.
Our SL/NC (NC = normally closed) safety edges feature a chain of linked NC contacts integrated in a rubber profile. When the safety edge is actuated, an existing contact is broken.
- Available with a monitoring resistor or as a continuous edge with four-wire technology (two-sided cable). This ensures safety because the function of the sensor and the connection cable is constantly monitored.
- Also available in a DIY version
- Wide range of profile geometries available
- The downstream control must comply with at least ISO 13849-1, Category 3 and feature inputs for reliable evaluation of the state of the opener safety edge.
- For systems up to Cat 3 PL d
- Customised lengths available
ApplicationsClosing edge safeguards for machinery, gates, stages, bus & rail, in medicine, logistics etc.
Public transport brochure (922.6 KB)
Would you like to know more?
Simply contact us!