Closing safety edges
Safety edges are sensors that protect people from coming between shearing and pinching edges. If the safety edge encounters an obstruction, e.g. if a hand gets in the way of a closing door, it immediately stops the automatic movement.
When our SL/NO (NO = normally open) safety edges are actuated, a contact closes, triggering a short circuit. A signal transmitted to the evaluation unit immediately stops automatic movements to protect people and property.
- Closing safety edges are available with a monitoring resistor or as a continuous edge with four-wire technology (two-sided cable). This ensures safety because the function of the sensor and the connection cable is constantly monitored.
- Also available in a DIY version
- Wide range of profile geometries available
- Testing basis: ISO 13856-2 and ISO 13849-1
- For systems up to ISO 13849-1:2015 Category 3 PL d
- With and without sealing lip
- Customised design, e.g. various bending radii, angled geometries, active ends
- EPDM / NBR / CR qualities
Closing edge safeguards for machinery, gates, stages, bus & rail, in medicine, logistics etc.
Public transport brochure (922.6 KB)
Would you like to know more?
Simply contact us!